Last Updated 22nd May 2018
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting https://www.innovadesigngroup.co.uk/ you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 (the Act), the data controller is Innova Design Group, Unit 4A, Crossley Park, Crossley Road, Heaton Chapel, Stockport. SK4 5BF. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Melanie Laing; Director.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site https://www.innovadesigngroup.co.uk/ (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, company details and project briefs or questions.
1.1 Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
1.2 Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
1.3 Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you when working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies).
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Innova Design Group or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
Despite our security measures unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Security and your rights
Innova Design Group has security measures in place to provide protection against the loss, misuse and alteration of data under our control. On our website your personal data is encrypted and protected utilising the industry standard Security Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption software. Most browsers will indicate the encrypted nature of your data when you are visiting a secure page.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Unit 4A, Crossley Park, Crossley Road, Heaton Chapel, Stockport, SK4 5BF OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Regarding your personal data you have the right to:
- Access your personal data
- Have inaccurate personal data amended
- Be forgotton or erased
- Prevent any use of personal data until the data is erased or amended
- Data portability (The right to receive your personal data electronically and in a commonly used format.
- Object to your personal data being processed based on legitimate interest
- Prevent any automated decision-making and profiling.
You can execute these rights by sending an email to email@example.com to which we will respond within 30 days.
If you have registered to our regular updates via the preference centre you can amend your personal data here yourself as well.
We also protect your data off line. All data of our website users is maintained in a restricted section in our offices and systems. We limit the access to such personal data to just those employees who need the data to perform their job.
We will take all commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of your data in our systems.