In an ideal world school refurbishment projects should be delivered during the summer holiday period. However in the real world, this is not always possible. The project may be too complex to fit into six weeks, too urgent to wait that long or simply needs to be completed to meet a budget deadline.
With major funding shortages at present, educators need to make their budgets work harder in raising standards. At Innova we have spent more than 20 years delivering inspirational interiors for schools and colleges across the country and we appreciate the current pressures facing leaders in education.
In this article we summarise eight key benefits in extending the current installation boundaries to during term time, thus saving you money:
- Money can be saved when refurbishing during term-time; discounts and offers can be made for quieter times of the year.
- Our fitting teams are less busy during term-time so it can give you more flexibility when deciding start dates, delivery and installation schedules.
- Easy accessibility to key contacts within the school for when important information needs to be communicated or discussed.
- Lead times on products and deliveries are usually shorter than in the busy summer period when materials and items are in greater demand.
- Projects can be double teamed to improve or reduce the time on site.
- Dedicated team of designer, contracts manager and site manager to ensure project efficiency and timings.
- Deliveries can be scheduled for outside of school hours.
- Any noisy work such as, core drilling can be completed out of hours and the team will be empathetic to the school working day.
At Innova Design, we have completed many projects for schools and colleges in the past during term time and have a dedicated team of experts to help plan and budget according to your specification. Our install teams who are CRB/DBS checked have years of knowledge and experience working during term time. Schools, colleges and universities are often surprised at how little disruption we cause, and at how much money they save.
So don’t take our word for it, read the following case studies where clients took advantage of completing their refurbishment projects during term-time and how Innova successfully delivered these projects within budget and on time:
KATE BRADSHAW, BUSINESS MANAGER
Aberystwyth University Case Study – “With the short turnaround time scales to complete the project, working with a main contractor which isn’t always easy and with the project also being a live site, they met the challenge head on. We were extremely happy with the end result and would highly recommend Innova”
NIA JEREMIAH, ARCHITECT, UNIVERSITY OF ABERYSTWYTH
Benjamin Brittan Case Study – To ensure that the refurbishment works could be carried out throughout the year without disruption to lessons, the school were looking for a rolling programme to maintain and develop its facilities, here’s how Innova helped.
Are you looking to improve your academic results? Contact us on 0161 477 5300 or email email@example.com to find out how we can help.